Smoked pork with cider sauce
It’s a classic combination that you can whip up in a jiffy. A creamy potato salad complements this dish perfectly.
You need (for 8 kebabs):
- 4 smoked pork chops, cubed
- ½ cup apple cider
- 4 tablespoons cider vinegar
- juice and zest of half an orange or naartjie
- 2 cloves of garlic, chopped
- 2 tablespoons prepared wholegrain mustard
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 teaspoon fennel seeds
- 1∕3 cup soya sauce
- 1 apple
- olive oil
- 8 metal skewers
- Put the meat in a bowl. Combine the rest of the ingredients, except the apple and olive oil, and marinate the meat in this mixture for an hour or overnight if possible.
- Core the apple, cut it into cubes and thread the cubes onto the skewers with the meat. Brush the kebabs with olive oil and braai over medium-hot coals until the meat is done.
- In the meantime, heat the marinade in a small pot and let it simmer until it starts to thicken. Pour it over the kebabs as soon as you’ve taken them off the coals.