Sausage and polenta
A bowl of polenta can be a meal on its own if you add tomato or fried mushroom with bacon and pork sausages. I like serve polenta with a potjie or rich ragout.
- 3 cups of milk
- 1 cup fine polenta
- 2 cups boiling hot water
- Salt, to taste
- Ground black pepper
- 5 tablespoons of butter
- ½ cup cream cheese
- 2 handfuls of parmesan cheese
- 1 cup corn or sweet corn
- Fried sausage of your choice
- Bring the milk to a boil in a pot. Slowly stir in the polenta with an egg whisker. Add the boiling water while stirring. Cook for 25 minutes.
- Add the rest of the ingredients. Stir in some milk to loosen the polenta before you serve. The polenta will set if left for too long, so serve immediately.
- Serve in a large bowl with extra cream cheese and sausage.