This is my favourite liver recipe; I adjusted it for the go! braaier.
Preparation 15 minutes
Cooking time 10 minutes
- 1 lamb liver, cleaned
- 1 cup cream
- 1 onion, sliced in rings
- 1 teaspoon cumin seeds
- 2 cloves of garlic, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon dried thyme or rosemary
- olive oil
- a dash of soya sauce (to taste)
- 1 or 2 tablespoons of chutney
- Cut the liver into slices. Put a small pot on the edge of the braaier and heat the cream.
- Fry the onion, cumin, garlic and herbs in a little olive oil on the flat side of the griddle. Add the fried onions to the cream then add the soya sauce and chutney.
- Fry the liver on the braaier until cooked then dunk it into the hot cream. The secret is to fry it for only a few minutes so it doesn’t dry out.
- Serve with bacon rosti (recipe below) or with rice or thick slices of pot bread.