You only need three ingredients for this delicious potato dish. You can cook the potatoes the night before a trip and use the braaier to make an awesome picnic breakfast.
Makes 12 rostis
Preparation 15 minutes
Cooking time 10 minutes
- 6 medium-sized potatoes, peeled
- 1 teaspoon of salt
- 1 packet (250g) streaky bacon, chopped
- cooking spray
- Parboil the potatoes whole. Let them cool down – preferably overnight. (If you’re in a rush, stick them in the microwave on full power for about six minutes.)
- Grate the potatoes then add the salt and the bacon.
- Grease the flat side of the griddle and heat it up, or use a frying pan. Scoop 2–3 tablespoons of the potato mixture onto the griddle and flatten using an egg lifter. Make about four rostis at a time then put on the lid. Turn them after about 5 minutes and cook until both sides are golden brown.
- Serve with liver (recipe above) or with scrambled eggs for breakfast. Make enough, because people will always find space for another one!