For 2 small loaves
Preparation time 10 minutes
Cooking Time 95 minutes
I’ve caught my mother eating dry slices of this bread in the kitchen! It tastes even better the day after you’ve baked it.
- 4 cups (500 g) brown bread flour
- 5 tablespoons bran
- 1 tablespoon caraway seeds
- 150 g seed mixture (like linseeds, sesame seeds and sunflower seeds)
- 2 heaped tablespoons baking powder
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 565 ml sour milk (or milk mixed with two tablespoons brown vinegar)
- 1 tablespoon molasses or honey
- extra seeds
- Grease two small bread pans (19 x 11 cm) and preheat the oven to 200 ºC.
- Mix all the dry ingredients together. Make a hollow in the middle and pour in the milk and molasses. Mix with a wooden spoon. The batter should be runny and very sticky.
- Divide the batter between the two pans. Sprinkle extra seeds over the bread.
- Bake for 25 minutes at 200 ºC until the bread has risen completely. Don’t open the door!
- Lower the heat to 170 ºC and bake for an hour and 10 minutes.
- Unmold the bread and allow to cool. If you want to serve the bread for breakfast, bake it before going to bed the previous night.