Quick tuna sauce
Preparation time 5 minutes
Cooking time 10 minutes
- 1 onion, chopped
- 6 brown mushrooms, chopped
- 2 red peppers (fresh or preserved), chopped
- olive oil
- 2 tins solid tuna
- 1 – 2 cups tomato passata
- black pepper, to taste
- salt or soy sauce, to taste
- ½ cup cream or cream cheese (optional)
- 2 discs feta cheese
- Fry the onions, brown mushrooms and red peppers in olive oil for 5 minutes.
- Add the tuna and tomato passata. Stir and season with black pepper and salt or soy sauce.
- Simmer for 5 minutes before stirring in the cream or cream cheese.
- Spoon the thick sauce over a baked potato or pasta and sprinkle with crumbled feta just before serving.