Makes 6 burgers
Preparation 15 minutes
Cooking time 6 minutes
Chorizo is full of aromatic spices and it’s quite fatty too, so hold back on adding too much extra seasoning.
Make the patties
- 1 small chorizo sausage (about 110 g)
- 500 g lean beef mince
- 1 clove garlic, chopped
- 1 tablespoon salt
- olive oil
- braai sauce
Make the guacamole
- 2 ripe avocados
- half a red onion, chopped
- 1 tomato, seeded and chopped
- 4 tablespoons Greek yogurt
- 1 small chilli, chopped (or cayenne pepper, to taste)
- juice of half a lemon
- salt and pepper, to taste
- a handful of grated parmesan cheese (optional)
- Chop the chorizo and mix with the beef mince, garlic and salt in a big bowl. Form the patties and put them in the fridge for about 20 minutes. (This recipe also works for meatballs – serve them with pasta and Napoletana sauce.)
- Chop the avo and mix with the rest of the guacamole ingredients. Don’t make the mixture too smooth; it should be thick and chunky.
- Brush the patties with olive oil and fry for 3 minutes. Flip and baste with braai sauce. Fry for another 3 minutes, flip again and baste with more braai sauce. Remove from the heat.
- Serve on rolls with guacamole.