International Vulture Awareness Day
Date: 1 September 2012
The Endangered Wildlife Trust’s Birds of Prey Programme in collaboration with VulPro and BirdLife South Africa will be hosting a fun‐filled family day at VulPro’s rehabilitation centre near Hartbeespoort Dam. The purpose of this day is to create awareness of the continued plight of all vulture species and to highlight the work done by conservationists to monitor populations and implement effective measures to conserve these birds and their habitats.
Bring your family, friends and picnic baskets and join us for a fun day.
The Programme for the day will include something for everyone:
- EWT , BirdLife SA and WESSA stands
- Vulture enclosure tours Vulture feeding at 13h00
- Vulture educational talks at 10h00, 11h00 & 12h00
- Vulture educational tour for children from 10h00 – 11h00
- Pony rides 11h00 – 12h00
- Educational books will be for sale and VulPro booklets with interactive worksheets as handouts to the children
- Meet Cody our educational vulture and star of the Mazda Wildlife Fund commercials
- Boerewors rolls, hamburgers, pancakes, cupcakes and c old drinks will be for sale
Entrance fee: R 20.00 per person. R10.00 for children under the age of 12.
Location: Vulpro Plot 121, Rietfontein, Boekenhoutkloof Road which becomes Kenneth Road.
GPS co‐ordinates: 25.710994; 27.952720
Date: Saturday, 1st of September 2012
Time: 09h00 – 14h00
Contact: Kerri Wolter VulPro 082 808 5113